PARTICIPANT NUMBER 17: UNISENSOR
The company emerged in 1998 from a successful collaboration involving some prestigious international companies and academic laboratories. Unisensor SA is now becoming an independent commercial company active in diagnostic engineering and rapid test development for food, feed and environment analysis.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE:
- Development and validation of methods for antibiotic detection (Belgium Ministry of Agriculture)
- Development of engineered biomolecules for application in food diagnostic (Région Wallonne)
- Participant in FP6 GoodFood project WP1.
- Development and validation of biomolecular detection methods such as immuno- and receptor binding assays.
- Producer of commercial Dipsticks www.tetrasensor.com and www.twinsensor.com
2005 PCT/BE06/000036; In vitro method for simultaneous detecting and identifying antibiotics of different classes and corresponding diagnostic kit. B. Granier.
2003 US2003235877 ; Conjugates of haptens to beta-lactam derivatives and their use for detecting and/or quantifying haptens in solution and device for implementation thereof. M Kohl, R. Renotte, G. Sarlet, R. Lejeune, B. Granier.
2002 WO03048770; Method for performing in vitro diagnosis using gene regulation mechanisms and corresponding diagnosis kit. B. Granier, S. Lepage.
1999 PCT/EP99/02166; Method for determining antibiotics with beta-lactam core in a biological fluid B. Granier, J. Degelaen, J.M. Frère, B. Joris.
1998 PCT/BE98/00147; Testing device for determining analytes in a liquid dairy product B. Granier, J. Degelaen, J.M. Frère, B. Joris.
MAIN TASKS WITHIN CONffIDENCE:
- Development of single and multiplex dipstick immunoassays for antibiotics in WP2b
- Development of multiplex dipstick immunoassays for alkaloids in WP4a
- Development of multiplex dipstick immunoassays for mycotoxins in WP4c
Séverine De Schryver
Dr. Benoit Granier :
Founder and R&D manager. 19 years of experience in food and feed analysis. Proposed as deputy leader for WP2b and beneficiary leader in WP4a and WP4c.
Dr. Vincent Chabottaux :
R&D Scientist. Specialist in biomolecules selection. 2 years of experience in dipstick assay development. Project management and dipstick development in WP2b.
Dr. Noan Nivarlet :
R&D Scientist. Specialist in chemical synthesis and conjugation of haptens to carrier. 2 years of experience in dipstick assay development. Project management and dipstick development in WP4a-c.
Dr. Maria Colombo :
R&D Scientist. Biological receptor specialist. Receptor and aptamer research in WP2b.
Benoit Lemmens :
Senior scientist. 10 years of experience in dipstick development. Dipstick development in WP2b.
Mrs. Céline Bonhomme (M. Sc.) :
Junior Scientist. Dipstick development and matrix extraction in WP2b.
Mrs. Delphine Andrianne (M. Sc.) :
Junior Scientist. Dipstick development and matrix extraction in WP4a-c.